Functional Apparel Technical Designer
Grand Forest Inc., a chainsaw protective apparel manufacturer, is looking for an Apparel Technical Designer to enhance our team of motivated professionals. This position will work to bring products from approved design to apparel production, though technical specifications, training manuals and quality assurance. It is a great opportunity to utilize both design creativity and technical skills. As a company, we are always striving to create quality goods to keep our users safe and efficient.
- Work creatively within the production development team to bring quality safety products to market.
- Collaborate with Product Manager and Product Developer to determine product line direction
- Coordinate implementation of new products in the line
- Manage the development, implementation and ongoing review and revision of tech packs, quality –standards, bill of materials and bill of labor
- Source new materials for designs
- Maintain standards and specifications
- Ensure all training and training materials meet minimum standards of excellence and consistency in terms of instructional design integrity
- Maintain production rates through MTM studies, time studies
- Maintain UL certification and do ongoing testing for compliance
- Manage and maintain cutting room operations
- Coordinate, manage and facilitate inventory processes for raw materials and cut goods
- Manage inventory flow in cutting room by scheduling cut production
- Create and maintain efficient markers
- Monitor cut good inventory and process cut goods data in ERP system
- 401K with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Options
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Why work with us?
We are a vibrant, growing company proudly manufacturing safety apparel for the forestry worker and distributing high quality imported products for the outdoor industry. Our dedicated group effort, built on loyalty, integrity and mutual respect enables us to live, laugh and grow. We offer competitive wages and provide flexibility for working families.