Grand Forest, Inc. is seeking Product Developers to advance our current protective apparel line along with create new designs, build and enforce specifications, create prototypes and support our U.S. manufacturing team.
Degree in apparel design, textile or apparel manufacturing, engineering, or related fields is preferred, but not mandatory. Applicable skills related to pattern creation, digitizing, and/or CAD software familiarity are acceptable as an alternate to a degree.
- Strong communication skills
- Solution-oriented, problem solving practices
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Proficiency in garment construction
- Strong knowledge of material requirements, labor routings and costing
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in MS Excel
- Soft goods manufacturing experience
- Experience in apparel specific ERP, PLM, CAD (Pattern Making, Digitizing, and Marker
- Experience in technical drawing (such as Adobe Illustrator)
- Creation of designs from technical drawings through prototyping
- Implementation of approved designs including pattern development, material usage,
labor directives, and quality specifications
- Train sewing operators on production procedures and quality specifications
- Review and maintenance of current patterns, markers and procedures
- Create effective solutions to maintain an efficient environment
- 401k with Safe Harbor Match
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, life
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
This position requires that the employee work from the Summerville, SC office.
Why work with us?
We are a vibrant, growing company proudly manufacturing safety apparel for the forestry
worker and distributing high quality imported products for the outdoor industry. Our dedicated
group effort, built on loyalty, integrity and mutual respect enables us to live, laugh and
grow. We offer competitive wages and provide flexibility for working families.